Delete unwanted email addresses

Reaction score
When I begin to type in email addresses for some people several addresses come up, even though there is only one in my "people". All previous addresses I might have used come up, too. I have to remember which one is current and click on it...sometimes don't remember. How can I stop this from happening, and have only the desired email address appear? example screen shot attached. He only uses to gmail account. I deleted the hotmail address from people. The bottom one was typed in mistake...but all three show up. Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-11-02 10.28.47.png
    Screenshot 2017-11-02 10.28.47.png
    204 KB · Views: 507

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I think these is an issue with the mail app.....could be wrong. I think you allowed the mail app access to all your contacts from other accounts during the initial setup....Skype, gmail, yahoo and the like. Plus you have 2 linked accounts and add those contacts to the mix.

I prefer to use a stand alone email client (separate software). I use outlook 2016 but there are others out there and a simple email client search will show you. There are also cloud based clients.....such as gmail, outlook.com which you use your browser(s).

Reaction score
Thx. You are probably correct. Don't remember allowing access during set-up w/ windows 10, but may have. If that's now done, how undo, or at least eliminate the unwanted emails from those accounts? (Not sure the explanation accounts for the typo partial emails that pop up.)

Reaction score
Same question. Even if linked, must unlink?...and how to stop getting typos coming up (know that one was not anything added to any address/contact/people list).

Ask a Question