SOLVED How to delete unwanted folders in Mail

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question with respect to Mail.
I have some folders I installed and now do not use or want. I cannot figure out how to delete these unwanted folders.
1. I click "More" to open the menu for the folders.
2. I right-click on an unwanted folder and a menu appears, offering me two choices:
"Add to favorites" and "Pin to Start".
Is there a way to delete these folders?
Thank you

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I was just in the mail app and I see that I can't even create a new folder much less delete one. Might be worth mentioning that in the "Feedback" program that MS is using.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
To add or delete Folders from you Mail App, you'll need to go to the associated Microsoft Account on line...... (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed) etc.
You can create a new folder there and or delete a previously created folder there. The result of which, will subsequently show up within the Mail App.
I am not sure that you can successfully delete the basic native folders that are there as part of the actual feature set.
I suppose you could try.
Who knows.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I should have realized that....I forget that all the time now. Thanks for jogging my memory again.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question with respect to Mail.
I have some folders I installed and now do not use or want. I cannot figure out how to delete these unwanted folders.
1. I click "More" to open the menu for the folders.
2. I right-click on an unwanted folder and a menu appears, offering me two choices:
"Add to favorites" and "Pin to Start".
Is there a way to delete these folders?
Thank you

Ask a Question