Difficulty copying image files from Google Photos to File Explorer

Reaction score
I am trying to take photos from my Google Photos and save them to File Explorer. There are many explanations on the web but none that I can figure out. It must have been possible historically, because the evidence is that I have done it many times before. But now I cannot achieve it.

This is what I am doing:
1] I select the pictures by going to Google Photos and clicking the arrows at their top left.
2] I go to File Explorer, select a folder, and attempt to Paste.
3] No Paste function is available, so I cannot achieve it.
4] Google Drive is somehow now recommended for copying functions, but I don’t understand what it is or how to use it.

Can anyone explain how to achieve this, which one would expect to be very easy to achieve?

Reaction score
As to 'historically', the key function of Ctrl+C copies and Ctrl+V Pastes, useful if right-click and Copy or right-click and Paste don't work. I frequently save images from Web sites by the right-click and Save image as. I seldom use Google but would assume Google Drive is much the same as OneDrive [the old SkyDrive] and iDrive or other offerings for Cloud Storage.

Reaction score
Never used it, but, in similar situations, I have found an option to email them to myself?

Ask a Question