1903 install difficulty

Reaction score
Trying to install 1903 on an HP Pavilion and it is not getting beyond 91%- it's been there for 1 day. Whst can occur if I shut down? What do you recommend?

Reaction score
It's an upgrade via notification to my laptop. It is still at 91 % today. But what happens when I shut it down without having finished install? Would I be able to reboot the computer? Thank you.

Reaction score
Assuming you are upgrading using the upgrade prompt directly from your current OS (Win 7 or 8), stop the process and restart your PC, then go to the links I provided above and download the Media Creation Tool (Select "Upgrade this PC now"!) and follow the guide linked above!. ;)

Reaction score
You can try going to the linked site and download and run the setupact utility. I have been told it does not work if upgrading from Win 7..

Copy and paste the resulting listing which may give indications of what is wrong. If the failed upgrade is giving and error number with an associated 5 digit number, it might be helpful also.

Reaction score
If you switch off, the update will resume, and probably remain stuck. It has probably beenunable to find a driver(s)
Press ctrl alt del to restart and you should be returned to you desktop. You can then examine you devices and ser if any can be updated manually.

Ask a Question