Disable airplane mode

Reaction score
Airplane mode is stuck at ON and can't use any solution that involves internet access [am doing this at library] as only have wifi which is cut off by airplane mode.
Have tried other solutions like adapter power cutoff option, but doesn't work [the advice to click on the 'RUN' when it comes up is not relevant as the 'RUN' doesn't come up despite having the registry item 'merged'].
Would appreciate some method [command line sequence?] to delete the 'airplane mode' option out of the OS.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, click "Network and Internet", click on "Airplane Mode" in the left column, and change airplane mode to "Off".

Ben

Reaction score
Tried, but still won't change out of ON; did have to go to ''settings'' to access 'Network and Internet', as window + i at same time didn't work, so possibly we have different versions of windows 10.

Reaction score
This is how mine is set:

It doesn't show as a choice in Notifications.

Reaction score
This is how mine is set:
View attachment 10007
It doesn't show as a choice in Notifications.
Only slightly different on left screen, but identical on right. Bottom line is that when click the Airplane mode button which is set at ON, nothing happens except while holding the button down and moving it over to OFF, but as soon as release it, it returns to ON.

Reaction score
Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model of the computer.

Ben

Reaction score
manufacturer: Itronix Product Name: IX605
Brand: General Dynamics Model: GoBook VR-2
PC name: DESK TOP - 9BVH6QS
BIOS Version: 116
Ram 3.00GB 64-bit OS x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro Product ID: 00331-20020-00000-AA704
Intel(R) Core (TM) 2 DUO CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHZ 2.00 GHZ
[sorry for delay; only have internet access at library]

Reaction score
There should be a button at the top of the keyboard that will enable or disable the wireless function.

Ben

Reaction score
This looks like a company laptop for 'in the field' use. It may have been setup to do Ethernet only to prevent corruption (in the meaning of malware). Although I did not find anything related in the group policies, I found several entries in the registry regarding AirplaneMode. However I do not know what to change to make it work again.

Reaction score
Initial setup should not be relevant as it initially had internet access only lost it recently [no idea why].
All options to employ the wireless have been activated -- to no benefit as long as the airplane mode remains stuck at ON [ may be a case of malicious hacking, as experienced that in past, but only a guess].
Could installing 'common.dll' be of benefit -- noticed it [or something like it] somewhere???
Thanks to everyone for your efforts.

Reaction score
Issue with any wifi, setting going bad is "Reinstall the Manufacture Settings" Dell has a very bad habit or disable the Wifi when updating or upgrading, so simply insert the Original Media and reinstall it set the Manufacture Devices all back to normal."

Reaction score
Since most computers haven't been coming with "original media" like back in Win7 and earlier I'd find the Service Tag that Dell puts on all computer cases and go to www.support.dell.com and put that number in the dialog box then look for the driver downloads for what the machine came with. Many file names will be a letter and a number such a R1234567, save it then double-click to install. You may have to choose the Operating System you have installed.

Reaction score
OK, my laptop is by Itronix, and not Dell. Checked all labels on bottom, and one has the Product Key and Proof of License [plus misc. other numbers], and the other has the S/N sequence and the CFG sequence. There is another label regarding the chassis. Any of these of any use???

Ask a Question