SOLVED .dll file missing at boot

Reaction score
I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1. At boot up, I receive the following message: "procedure could not be found:" C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll.

When I Googled this file, I was not able to reach any of the sites shown, but instead got the message, "site can't be reached; DNS address could not be found."

Are these errors related?

Thanks for any assistance.

Gordon
Houston, TX

Reaction score
You might be able to solve the problem by reloading the Logitech drivers.

LogiDLL.jpg

So I would not think it was related to the DNS situation and Trouble should be along shortly to help, but your network adapter may not have a DNS address listed. You can type ncpa.cpl in the Run box and check the Status and Details of the adapter to see if one is there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like the "Logitech Download Assistant" program is having a problem.
Upgrade, update or uninstall.
As far as your DNS issue.... I wouldn't think that the problem is related but it would probably be a good idea to resolve the first before proceeding to the next.
DNS issues can be any number of things. Sometimes it's as simple as configuring your ISP's DNS servers rather than relying on your router to forward DNS queries.
A quick call to them might help.

Reaction score
You might be able to solve the problem by reloading the Logitech drivers.

View attachment 3521

So I would not think it was related to the DNS situation and Trouble should be along shortly to help, but your network adapter may not have a DNS address listed. You can type ncpa.cpl in the Run box and check the Status and Details of the adapter to see if one is there.

Sir Saltgrass --

I found a thread (Google) which says that one can use CCleaner to disable the Logitech software at start-up. This did the trick. As to the DNS issue, it has not affected all sites (for some reason). Where I have been able to gain access to a site, I have re-saved the address to my Favorites folder, and this seems to be working. Too soon to tell. Windows 8.1 and 10 must not sync on all issues.

Now I am trying to figure out how to disable the Search function, using Cortana? Upgrading to new platforms always has it headaches.

Thanks to you both for your responses.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You may just have some bad DNS entries
Open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /flushdns
hit enter
close the command prompt window.
Right click the Start Button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
services.msc
hit enter or click OK
scroll down to DNS client service and make sure that it is running and set to automatic.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. The Forum would not accept my User Name (for whatever reason), and I couldn't raise any administrators. Finally hit on a combination.

The inability to reach certain sites appeared to be related to an unreliable/intermittent router that I was using while traveling. When I returned to my own router I did not have this problem.

Thanks for your inputs and, again, I apologize for the delayed response.

Gordon

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No problem Gordon, just glad to hear that you got it sorted out.

Ask a Question