SOLVED Do we remove all Flash files and other outdated / past supported software.

Reaction score
:) With flash now ceasing to be supported anymore, what is the procedure with dealing with this software? Alternatively, will Microsoft issue a patch to sort the problem out?

Additionally, there may be other Adobe software that needs looking at also. Any advice on this is most welcome.

Mothie ;)

Reaction score
Hi Mothie,

I think you might be better off asking Adobe directly, Flash Player is closed source (I assume) so MS wouldn't be able to patch it unless Adobe allow them to?.

Adobe Help Center

Reaction score
From my understanding, you'll need to manually uninstall the flash extension for firefox and other browsers. I believe chrome took it out with it's last update. I think Microsoft pulled support for Edge with the last CU.

Reaction score
Might check this page from May 2020 and its Test:

Reaction score
Many thanks to you all for your help.
I checked out all your submissions and have now removed Flash via adobe via davec's "Adobe flash Player End of Life" post where there is an Adobe Uninstaller.
Problem solved thanks to all your help.
keep well and safe.
;) Mothie.

Ask a Question