DOS MODE

Reaction score
I had a service to reload my corrupted Windows 10 Home. When I got it back, they set it up with limited privileges.
Since I owned one of the first PC's (IBM), I have always loaded my PS's and had ALL PRIVILEGES.
Now it will not let me run "chkdsk" on my own computer.
Anyone know how to restore my own LT to MY CONTROL?

Reaction score
With the Home edition, users have to log in with their Microsoft account to get full privileges as far as full privileges go that is.
The service you have used probably did not know your email address. However, I would never have someone else setup my computers. I'd rather spend a few hours myself to get it the way I want to.

Reaction score
If all you have is a limited account then you cannot give yourself administrator privileges. TBH I would be highly suspicious of a service that installed Windows for me an didn't give me an admin login. In any case I reinstall Windows at least once a year, sometimes twice (depending on the upgrade they've issued) and I suggest that you do your own reinstall..

If you've had a PC since the days of the IBM PC then you should be able to install Windows yourself by now. It's really not rocket science and I (we) can give you guidance if you like. I wouldn't trust the system the 'service' has installed.....

Ask a Question