SOLVED When sending an e-mail from the People app, the "Always use is app" selection dosen't seem to "reme

Reaction score
When in People and I select an e-mail address from one of my contacts, I receive the following dialog each and every time.

upload_2016-11-2_19-38-37.png

It seems as if clicking on the "Always use this app" box, doesn't really "do" anything in that the next time I repeat the same process (to send an e-mail from within my people app), I am asked again and again to click on the "Always use this app" check box.

Any ideas what I may be doing incorrectly or how I might tell the people app to use the Windows 10 mail app as the default ?

The e-mail is created and sent via the Mail app just fine.
I'm just wondering why I have to click on that box every single time.

Here is what is on my laptop.
upload_2016-11-2_19-42-24.png

Windows 10 Home.
One MS account uses this machine,

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
JustRay in Wisconsin

Reaction score
Perhaps there isn't an issue. (Except with the way I was perceiving how the above dialog works.)
I'm thinking that as long as the "Mail" app is highlighted and the words "Keep using this app" are above it, then I'm simply going to have to click on the "OK" button in order to proceed. I THOUGHT that once I click on the "Always use this app" check box, I would never see this dialog again. But now, I'm begining to think that I was simply in error, with regards to how this dialog box works and there is nothing wrong with how this work at all.. I guess I'll try to close this incident

Ask a Question