SOLVED Laptop dosen't boot automatically

Reaction score
Greetings,

I used registry deep scan in wisecare365, it deleted some registry files. Afterwhich when i started the system, only the dell logo appeared. System did not boot further. When i pressed a random key, it continued to boot to win10. Hence, i restored the registry from wisecare365 and again tried to start. Still system didnt boot automatically to win10. I had to press any button. I used system restore to restore to a previous good state. However, even after a successfull restore, Win10 dosent automatically boot. i also did reset of bios, but nothing resolved the issue.
Further, i also tried automatic startup repair using the advanced options, but it said that "It coudn't repair the pc". I also tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...y-operating-systems-startup-windows-10-a.html but it didnt resolve the issue.

Now, everytime i restart or normal start the dell logo appears (without the circling dots below) and i have to press any key to continue boot further into win10 (after pressing any key circling dots appear).
System is win10 inspiron 5521 updated to 1903 os18362.449

UPDATE: Further to above, i have 2 Disk Drives. 1 HDD, 1 SSD (where OS is installed)

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you enter the BIOS, is the boot order correct?

i.e. Does it bot from SSD drive first.

Reaction score
This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
  2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
  3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
  4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
  5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
  6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

For more details please click here

Ask a Question