SOLVED Dos window keeps popping up

Reaction score
Over the past month or so this window appears on the screen at random intervals, usually a short while after starting my PC, and around every four or five days.
It seems to have references to laptops. I am running a traditional PC. It disappears when I close down whatever programme was running when it popped up.
Would anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
Screen.png

Reaction score
Looks like an Email program on a mobile? Have a look in the task manager - Start-up tab and see if there is something associated there. Also check if you are synced to your Mobile

Reaction score
Hi Murdo,

do you have an updater app installed?. If so, which one?. :)

Reaction score
Looks like an Email program on a mobile? Have a look in the task manager - Start-up tab and see if there is something associated there. Also check if you are synced to your Mobile
Thanks davehc, Task manager start-up does not seem to have anything obvious, in fact almost everything on it is disabled. To the best of my knowledge I am not synched to my mobile.

Reaction score
Hi Murdo,

do you have an updater app installed?. If so, which one?. :)
Thanks Wolfie, but no installer app on my machine.
When I check for updates I get the message that the "Win10 update is on it's way" Might there be some connection?

Reaction score
Hi Murdo,

that might well be the case?, check what version you have and upgrade to the latest version if necessary. :)

Reaction score
Have a look at the configuration in the mail program. If possible remove the references to agstark.co.uk

Reaction score
Just a bit of information about the subject line of
Dos window keeps popping up
It only looks like DOS but is the Command Prompt window where a lot of commands can be run but not all of what DOS had available. The newer PowerShell is similar but even more powerful. A long list can be read by entering cmd /? at the prompt in Command Prompt and PowerShell.

Reaction score
Thanks to all for taking time out to reply. I've just upgraded to win 10 19041.421. and the same window popped up the first time it ran!
No big deal, I can easily live with it - thanks again.

Reaction score
That helps as I get that on Version Upgrades and Build updates at first bootup after installing, usually 2 or 3 such windows flash on then off too quick to read. I think it just means something is installing/loading in the background or configuring a program to run correctly on the 'new' installation.

Reaction score
Looking through the failures in your first post, I am wondering if you have one of those (useless) automatic driver update programs installed?

Reaction score
Looking through the failures in your first post, I am wondering if you have one of those (useless) automatic driver update programs installed?
I've just realised that there was a driver updater I had overlooked running on startup, I've now disabled it.
Thanks

Ask a Question