Dual booting Win 10 Build 9860

Reaction score
Anyone dual booting Win 10 build 9860 ?

Someone in the other forum said Boot Menu Options missing after install build 9860, and he was multi-booting in build 9841.
Do you have the same issue ?

Reaction score
I have the same scenario. No problem here. The Boot menu was unchanged, except that the Tech preview had moved to the first option. I had previously set it as the second.

Reaction score
I have the same scenario. No problem here. The Boot menu was unchanged, except that the Tech preview had moved to the first option. I had previously set it as the second.

From what I understand, Win 10 TP is set as default OS ( by default), and therefore it is at the top of the boot menu list.
Apparently, build 9860 is considered as a new install and new OS. Therefore, your previous setting was nullified.
If one wants to change that, one has to set the other OS as default again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was aware of that, but thank you for the reply. I was actually posting my response to your op

Reaction score
I noticed that mine is not there, but if I hit the arrow down and then hit enter it loaded my windows 7

Reaction score
Use a program like Easybcd (Free) and put the Windows 7 entry in manually.

Reaction score
The problem for me is that it is there, you just can't see it. The screen is just black.

Reaction score
there is no boot screen. after installing technical 9860.
Win7 disappeared.
no boot screen.
you just can't see it. The screen is just black
Any answer.?

Ask a Question