SOLVED Dual Monitor Setup

Reaction score
Hello Great People of W10F!

I want advice on a cable or adapter I can use, to take my single output HDMI feed from my GeForce GT 630 and have it display on my two Dell 24 Monitor S2421HN - 23.8 FHD IPS monitors.

I want me end result to be multiple displays not a mirror effect.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
@Grizzly, I believe that splitter only mirrors the image across two outputs. Can you find one that will span across two outputs? I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Reaction score

Key Features and Benefits:
  • Increase productivity with multiple screens
    Computers are portable, which often means that you're left with fewer video outputs and smaller integrated screens. This MST hub solves both of these problems by letting you connect three additional displays to your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
  • Configure your displays for any environment
    Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple HDMI televisions or projectors for remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
382c5c83-4c7c-4834-b696-76f8e3dfdd74.d0402080103666d235905d6aa3b1c0e7.jpeg

Reaction score

Key Features and Benefits:
  • Increase productivity with multiple screens
    Computers are portable, which often means that you're left with fewer video outputs and smaller integrated screens. This MST hub solves both of these problems by letting you connect three additional displays to your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
  • Configure your displays for any environment
    Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple HDMI televisions or projectors for remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
382c5c83-4c7c-4834-b696-76f8e3dfdd74.d0402080103666d235905d6aa3b1c0e7.jpeg
This is looking like the winner

Reaction score
That card is from 2012, and is only $45 on eBay right now.
Just install the second card, and get full functionality without running into compatibility issues with your existing card.

Reaction score
The passive splitter only works under certain conditions. Don't remember which.
The active splitter will only mirror.

Reaction score
This adaptor is DP (Display Port) input to HDMI outputs. You may want HDMI input to HDMI output if available. If not you will need an additional adapter DP to HDMI.

Reaction score
I know what it is, but it was the spark to the solution. Thanks for pointing that out though.
This adaptor is DP (Display Port) input to HDMI outputs. You may want HDMI input to HDMI output if available. If not you will need an additional adapter DP to HDMI.

Ask a Question