Dumb luck

Reaction score
I wanted to report an unexpected resolution of a bizarre desktop problem. I had been looking for my Logitech camera on the program list and came across Camera, a preinstalled MSFT app. I briefly opened it but after closing it, the desktop was markedly changed. The background was white, the icons were fuzzy and huge letters said the camera was unavailable or not connected. I spent many days and hours trying to find a solution. Despite multiple scans for a virus or corrupted files, a win 10 upgrade from MSFT and a fruitless attempt to get MSFT support, nothing helped. Mucking around today to enlarge the taskbar icons, I right clicked on the weird desktop. The last option is Personalize, which offers various great images. Doubting anything positive, clicking on one restored the desktop.

Serendipity forever,
Arnold

Reaction score
Sometimes the refresh option works. But I have had times where changing background images, or rebooting is the only option. It's good that you were able to find a solution. Even if it was dumb luck. It gets the job done. :)

Ask a Question