SOLVED Multiple BSoDs, have wiped drives, reinstalled, no luck

Reaction score
Hey all,

ive been having multiple BSoDs, IRQL not less or equal, service exceptions, and a few others for a while now. I have rebuilt the computer from the ground up, and installed a new PSU. The 16gb of ddr4 ram is new along with the mobo and the processor. I have ran memtest86, windows memory tests, and updated all drivers, yet still getting these errors.

edit: had two more errors, critical process died, and multiple_irp_complete_requests

I’m trying to get a memdump of the error logs but I’m having a hard time even getting on to it to boot it into safe mode. It blue screens before I can do almost anything.

edit: managed to get into safe boot w/ networking and no crash yet. Attaching minidumps.

Anyone have advice?

Specs are evga GeForce 1080ti ftw3; Prime z270-p mobo; new 850w psu, i7 6700k 4ghz processor, and gSkill ripjaws dd4 ram 2x8gb but currently only running one.

Attachments

• 051620-4000-01.zip
    54 KB · Views: 162
  • 051620-5625-01.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 051620-5781-01.zip
    62.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 051620-5890-01.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 051620-6343-01.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you tried eliminating the graphics card? Try just running integrated graphics for awhile. Also have you checked the SMART data on the hard drive? Also don't rule out new hardware from being faulty. I just had issues with a brand new graphics card.

Reaction score
Hey Bigfeet, yeah I have the same issues with or without the GPU in place. I don’t know how to check the SMART data. Is that easy enough to do? Keep in mind I don’t have another full rig do have a laptop.

Reaction score
HI Erythos,

did you also check your mobo BIOS to see if there is an update for that?. :)

Reaction score
Heyo, I have and I believe I’m on the latest bios. The computer ran fine for months, and all of the sudden not fine, and the last bios update was in 2018. But yeah I’m on the latest version there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
4 of the 5 dump files were similar
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
The only driver that I noticed being called out in the stack was
RTKVHD64.sys normally associated with a Realtek Audio Chipset.
STACK_COMMAND: .trap 0xffff820bff4613a0 ; kb
SYMBOL_NAME: RTKVHD64+5dc973
MODULE_NAME: RTKVHD64
IMAGE_NAME: RTKVHD64.sys
BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 5dc973
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_RTKVHD64!unknown_function

I noticed that your board has a specific driver for this and suggests that it
Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version
SOURCE: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Download/

You might want to start there.
See what you are using....
The one from the MoBo manufacturer
One that Windows 10 installed on its' own
OR
One from the chipset manufacturer itself

Might be worth experimenting from the latest to something retro.
AND
Follow up with BigFeet's suggestion.
There are a lot of pagefaults .... could be a driver as is suggested
OR
It may be an issue with the disk itself.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble,

Thanks for that link.. Really good stuff there. I'd love to be able to get to Device Manager and update the driver for the realtek, but I cannot access my desktop, nor Windows RE or boot into Safe Boot. Is there something I can do from BIOS? That's the only thing I can boot into. Once I get past BIOS I bluescreen almost immediately.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Once I get past BIOS I bluescreen almost immediately.
I was under the impression you could and had been using Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.
Safe Mode generally loads just essential generic drivers which are not likely to be causing the BSOD.
You may be looking at something physical as in a hardware failure.
I have rebuilt the computer from the ground up, and installed a new PSU. The 16gb of ddr4 ram is new along with the mobo and the processor.
I'm assuming you actually performed a clean install of Windows 10 when you added the new MoBo and Processor??

Reaction score
That is correct. I did do a clean install of windows 10 after the new parts came in. It ran fine for quite a while. Since I’m unable to even get anywhere past the BIOS, you think it’s something with hardware then?

I’m unsure how to test all of the components. I have nothing I need saved on the drives so I’m open to getting new anything. Since I’ve done memtest on the RAM sticks those should be good. The PSU is supplying power well, so I guess I need to really test Mobo, GPU, and CPU. Any ideas there?

Reaction score
You sort of eliminated the gpu already. The cpu would be the last thing I'd suspect, since it's very rare for that to fail, unless you badly overheated it. Have you tried resetting the bios to default?

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I reverted everything to default, and then attempted to boot. It booted from the recovery drive, and then I managed to get slightly past attempting to repair screen but the result was the same, meaning that it blue screened to IRQL not less BSoD.

I then attempted to boot just from the normal drive that windows is on but hit the same error.

There is something else I notice, which maybe either of you may know more than me or help point at something in the pc. When it goes to BIOS, my keyboard and mouse both have LEDs which are running and usable. When I get past BIOS and into startup, the LEDs turn off, and then the screen does it’s normal spinning starting windows up thing, and sometimes the LEDs don’t come back on when it hangs, or sometimes they do but not in a normal way but still hangs. Does that signify anything?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want to take a risk and don't have too much in the way of files on your computer, you can try option 2 in the following.

Normally you should access Windows first and back-up your files, it may or may not work out well so use at your own risk, but if you have all your files backed up anyway, you should be okay!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie. Thanks for that. I have tried that method but have been unsuccessful. The computer freezes before being able to finish that process, and then reverts back.

some new development though. After putting BIOS back to default I can access WinRE but it still hangs sometimes in there. I do not have the option to safe boot however. Startup repair doesn’t work, and then typically freezes itself on the next screen in RE. I can access command line, and that’s about it. No system recovery works, and no restore points. Progress I guess.. anything I can do from CMD? Tried sfc/scannow as well as dism but still same issues.
Thanks all

Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark. You wouldn't happen to have another keyboard and mouse to try? You certainly have a bad piece of hardware. Just have to start eliminating one thing at a time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any chance you have the time and patience to try a Linux Live CD, any distro should be fine, although I'm a little partial towards Mint MATE?
Since there is nothing of consequence on the hard disk maybe even an actual Linux install, just temporarily to perhaps advance the diagnostic process.

Intel has a CPU Diagnostic Tool
Never had cause to use it myself. Perhaps it might be helpful

Reaction score
Are you using the same installation media, when you tried the reinstall.?
How are you now with links/downloads?
Perhaps you should try a competely new downlad, with the media creation tool, and try again.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Okay I've made some progress here. I removed the drives I had windows on, and I had an SSD that was blank nearby that I installed windows on fresh, had some hiccups, but got it going. I've updated most things that I can but am still getting intermittent errors, and i'mm only running a 128gb SSD. I have a few new minidumps that I'm going to attach here. It seems to be running better than before, but i did get a DPC Watchdog Violation.

Anything in here seem off? I updated the Mobo Realtek drivers to the ones on the manufacturer's website too.

Attachments

• 051820-5125-01.zip
    590.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 051820-5453-01.zip
    204.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 051820-6468-01.zip
    161.5 KB · Views: 158
Reaction score
With every thing I see from multi dmp files, I have to ask.
1. where did you get the Windows .iso
2. have you ran a full CHKDSK on all your HHD/SSD. (it looks like you have lots of corrupted issues.)
3. I also would forget trying to update any drivers from Manufacture. and see what happens with only MS Drivers.
1589827007984.png

1589827164011.png

Last edited:

Ask a Question