How to enable spell checking for multiple languages?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently changed computers. On my old PC I had two languages activated for spell checking and it was working just fine. On the new one I can't find how to enable this. I have both language packs installed but Windows is only checking the spelling on the main display language (English).

The second language I need activated is French and my OS is Windows 10 Home version 1909.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Can't say I can help but would ask what program or programs are being asked about, are in use that have that issue?

Reaction score
Hi,

open Settings > Devices > Typing and make sure you activate the following buttons:. :)

lang 4.JPG

Then check > Suggestions & autocorrections then make sure both languages are activated!
lang 2.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't say I can help but would ask what program or programs are being asked about, are in use that have that issue?

Thanks, you actually put me on track to the solution. I just realised all of the typing I do occurs inside Google Chrome. I thought my Chrome settings would be kept from one computer to the other since I have everything synced, but for some reason the French language had been disabled.

Thanks @Wolfie too, I had these settings correct, just didn't realise Windows wasn't at fault.

Reaction score
Hi Lophophora,

if it is solved now, please mark it as such so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question