Enable push notifications

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Noticing this lately with Edge and a few people have asked.....
What's Up?

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to make any difference if you click the link that says "enable push notifications" or the "X" off to the right to dismiss it.
The prompt continues to return.

Reaction score
Yes. I mentioned this a while ago. But, it came immediately after te Xenforo update, so I assumed it was something to do with that??

Reaction score
Curious, and even more puzzling - If you click it, it merely takes you to the Windows 10 notification section of the settings So. Is this yet another Windows 10/MS interference?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, it's a new feature of XenForo 2 - it is a way to let your phone or PC be alerted to notifications directly, rather than relying on e-mails. I don't use it myself, but it could be very handy for members that want to get notified immediately when they get a PM/Reply/etc... (can be configured per setting here).

I don't find these notifications that useful myself, so I just clicked on cross (far right of bar) and then select "never ask again" when prompted.

Ask a Question