SOLVED Huge yellow pop-ups.

Reaction score
While reading online major news network today and obituary column emailed from home town, yesterday,
huge yellow popups took over nearly the entire screen.
This hasn't happened before so don't know what changed to allow them.
Windows 10, Toshiba laptop.
Thank you in advance!
Also windows forum requesting permission to enable push notifications....don't know what that means?
JanBD

Reaction score
It would have been helpful to have gotten a screen capture to read for more information. It could be ransomware doing it which just want your money.

As for the notifications, I think forums are using that to let you know someone has responded/replied to your post/s. Could be a change from the subscribing to posts which send an E-Mail to those wanting to follow things.

Something about them at https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/enable-push-nitifications.18727/

Reaction score
Thank you for responding... I didn't think to try to capture it....not even sure how to do that...76 and still learning! It startled me so I just
quickly closed email. The first one was a real estate company. I ran spyware and malware scans and nothing showed up.

I'll check the link you included for the push notifications.

Reaction score
Thank you! It must have been a fluke! It stopped after the 2 incidents..???? Thank you again for your response and your help.

Ask a Question