SOLVED After update KB3135173 caused huge fonts making it impossible to use computer

Reaction score
I had no choice except to do a recovery to a previous version. With previous version installed I spent excessive time to correct missing files, network and wireless connection not available, and few minor problems. My system is operating normally now. Windows update is poised with KB3135173 ready to install again, however, I do not want to go through the aggravation of correcting again. What gives with Microsoft trumpeting how great win 10 is, and I have seen others with different problems. Can you advise wisely, as to reinstalling this update. I believe it could update automatically, which is windows update procedure.

Reaction score
In the 2 weeks I've had Winblows 10 it has 1. Ruined a new laptop stuck in an endless loop, Best Buy would not even try to fix just it.put it in a bin and got a new one.......2. The new laptop has just started losing half of the Update page, all menu tabs fail to function. 3, After another Update main gaming PC lost my Webroot anti virus entirely, just gone. 4. On same PC lost my "brightness control" and the slider that operates it, just gone. Winblows 10 has been junk I can't set out for the garbage man.......Fear The Update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had no choice except to do a recovery to a previous version. With previous version installed I spent excessive time to correct missing files, network and wireless connection not available, and few minor problems. My system is operating normally now. Windows update is poised with KB3135173 ready to install again, however, I do not want to go through the aggravation of correcting again. What gives with Microsoft trumpeting how great win 10 is, and I have seen others with different problems. Can you advise wisely, as to reinstalling this update. I believe it could update automatically, which is windows update procedure.

Ask a Question