SOLVED Boot Multiple OS's via BIOS

Reaction score
I currently have three SSDs. All are MBR.
One drive has Windows 10 1909. It has a System reserved and a primary partion.
The second one has Windows 7 and it has a Primary partition.
I can choose which one to boot via BIOS F11
I restored a backup of a windows 10 Preview that has just a Primary partition to the third drive which was blank and every time I choose that drive in the BIOS it boots back to the windows 10 Installed on the first drive.
I have tried EasyBCD to change boot from the system partition on the first drive to the primary partition on the first drive but that had no effect.
I know that if I unplug the 1st & 2nd drive and fresh install windows on the 3rd drive it would probably work, but I really don't want to go through a full install again.

Attachments

• partitons.jpg
    partitons.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 175

Regedit32

Reaction score
Did the third SSD drive come from another computer with Windows running?

If it did, you'll probably have to format and install again because all the drivers it has will be pointed to hardware from the previous computer, rather than the current one its installed in.

Reaction score
Solved the problem. It was in the BIOS settings. Two of my drives are identical make and model and I had to reset the boot options to make sure I was choosing the right drives from the boot menu.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
They should be labeled the same in the BIOS. Now you got me curious.....let me check mine.

Ask a Question