Saving multiple sized fonts in a docuement

Reaction score
How do I save multiple sized fonts in wordpad or notepad,........example: a number is squared and the exponent is smaller...........but it cannot be saved, so you are forced to use the carat,......... 23^2...... How do I get around this and save it with the small exponent?....

Thank you,

John

Reaction score
Hi John,

it all depends on the formatting when creating a document, you can mark a sentence with font size 12 for example, the next line can be font size 14, once you have selected your different formats, click on "Save as" and give it a name but the formatting must be complete before you save it!. :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

it all depends on the formatting when creating a document, you can mark a sentence with font size 12 for example, the next line can be font size 14, once you have selected your different formats, click on "Save as" and give it a name but the formatting must be complete before you save it!. :)
I have to go a step further,....... what I am trying to do is use superscript up above on wordpad,......it gives you choices of regular font or BOLD font, or italics.........to the right of that is x small script at the bottom or x small script at the top.............These you can put on the existing document okay, but you go ahead and save it.......You go and open the document again and it shows up as the font that it is in..... ie: 2 squared as in math,...... using the superscript it shows up correctly 2 with a small 2 = 4......But on reopening it it comes out as 22 = 4

John

Reaction score
Right, there are issues in both Notepad and WordPad, Notepad is a text editor, not a word processor, and as such excellent for software programming and HTML Web pages where formatting is not needed nor desired. Wordpad is a very light version of Word, doesn't have much in the way of more advanced formatting choices, never intended to. It's virtually the same as Write in Windows 3.x and earlier, still exists in Win10 except putting Write in the Start, Run box brings up WordPad. As suggested there's other word processors available, some free some not but are not expensive.

Ask a Question