Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences

Reaction score
Hello everyone. English is not my native language, so please forgive any errors.

My Windows 10 has recently stopped saving some of my small preferences. For example when I run a search in File Explorer (by writing the key words in the small box at the top right), I want the results to be shown in the list view. This used to be the case, but now it's always small icons view. Even when I change it to the list view, in the next search the view goes back to small icons.

Can you guys think of a reason for this? How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

Reaction score
You need to 'Apply' the Folder View to each category of Folders and/or Drives depending on what type of items the Folders are optimized for.

If I perform a clean install or a Reset, I will go to each 'Parent' folder or Sub-Folder in the Navigation Pane, (except This PC itself), set the view by right clicking an empty space►View (1),
then open Folder Options from within the Ribbon/View Tab (2), 'Apply to folders' (3), click 'Yes' in the dialog (4), click OK (5).

Do that for each Navigation Pane entry. Takes a few minutes but then you'll be all set for
windows desktop.

Reaction score
You need to reset them as a recent upgrade set to windows default a lot of settings eg folder settings and now we have to reset all of them but I doing it as I go.

Reaction score
You can simply go ahead and select restore default in the setting as posted in the post #2

Ask a Question