Windows 10 v1903

Reaction score
Updated to windows 10 v1903 which took 37.5 hours nightmare.... (it crashed out at 88% three times)

Only to find my main screen has now been overtaken by the nasty page now showing apps....

How do I get my old main screen back it shows while the computer is loading up and then goes into the nasty new screen

Have contacted microsoft support and they gave me instructions that were useless as half the tools needed have dissppeared in the new update.

Peter443

Reaction score
It would be beneficial if you could attach a snipping tool picture of the main screen showing the problem. You may have switched to tablet mode or the problems you had have corrupted some part of the system.

Did the upgrade eventually install?

Reaction score
Hi yes I finally managed to upgrade to windows 10 ver 1903 (started at 09.00 saturday and finished at 18.00 Sunday)

Attached is my present screen. But i original one loads up first and then the new on appears.

Attachments

• main screen.jpg
    main screen.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 292
Reaction score
That picture is the Tablet mode. Use the notifications on the bottom right to turn that off. If you don't find a setting there, go into settings and find the setting that area.

On the Settings-Personalization-Start, there is a "Use Start full Screen" which might be involved.

Reaction score
Settings -System - Select tablet mode (on the left) and then, in the first option, click in and select "use desktop mode"

Reaction score
I do not think this is the tablet mode. there is a different setting that looks like that screen if set to full start screen (see below). Tried it.

@Peter443

2019-06-14_205820.jpg

Reaction score
Cheers guys still will not go back to the original settings.

Its about time microsoft wa penalised for damaging peoples computers..

Peter Collins443

Ask a Question