Folder settings not saving

Reaction score
I have 43200000 in FFlags for a Folder. This turns off all sorting and grouping. I can go to folder and move icons to different positions. When I exit and return to folder none of the changes are saved. All my NoSaveSettings in Explorer are zero. Is there a way to reinstate ItemPos like Win 7 has??

Here is what folder looks like in Win 7
Win 7 Utilities.jpg

And now New and Improved Win 10 1903 ?????
Win 10 Utilities.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi Norbert,

if you cannot use the view settings to change the way things are laid out; I really don't know, you can try asking Microscrap:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us :)
Hello Wolfie:

Thanks for the advice. MicroCrap ignored my question. Like Boeing, they have forgotten who their real clients are. My philosophy is that the Software is here to serve me and not visa versa . I'm not going to twist my self into a pretzel to use some crapware.

I get the impression that 1909 & 1903 don't save folder settings because some twerp decided that sorting the folder each time it is loaded will suffice. Thus saving some room in the Registry and processing time looking up and implementing folder settings. I'm not impressed!

I entertained 2 solutions. 1. Change the dates of each file and then use a combination of Group and sort by date to approximate what I want. 2. Regress to Win 1607, the last Win 10 that saves Folder settings. I upgraded my Win 7 to 1607 and things are looking good.

Now the big test is, will my Tax Software accept this version of Win 10. They wouldn't accept Win 7

I will eventually upgrade to 1703 and see if my settings survive. I have that option because I use Sledgehammer to control my Win 10 Hell
o_O:eek:
thanks
Norbert

Reaction score
Now the big test is, will my Tax Software accept this version of Win 10. They wouldn't accept Win 7
There still are programs that work on computers running x86 installations of the Operating System that won't work on x64, important to know the differences involved.

Ask a Question