SOLVED Multiple BSoDs, have wiped drives, reinstalled, no luck

Reaction score
Hi Snuffy,

It's a windows 10 disk that is relatively brand new, but I also have an ISO from the microsoft website on a flashdrive.

I actually completely removed the HDD and things are running a lot smoother now.. Haven't had any blue screens yet, but they may be lurking around the corner. Could it have simply been a crap HDD that had windows on it causing the issues above?

I ran chkdsk and it came back a okay on these drives I have in now.

edit: I did get a crash, but found a loose cable to my ssd when reseating the side of the chassis, so made sure that was good to go and re-ran the cables in a better way.

Reaction score
Yes, a corrupt HHD or SSD any part - can cause major issues... over clock and force a reboot, can also. and many folks fail to tell Windows NO TO DEFRAG A SSD. you have to set to TRIM ONLY. and there are many many program that tell you do this, do that if you have a SSD.
and the only thing I tell anybody with SSD, Microsoft is the OS, the OS is the master, and the OS run the SSD, so do only what MS allows.
read, read and understand. SSDs are not HHD and should not be treated as such.
If you want to boot also another OS - DO NOT DO ON THE SAME SSD... use a different one.
It's a windows 10 disk that is relatively brand new,
you bought a Windows 10 Disk?

Reaction score
Hi Snuffy,

I understand about SSDs VS hdd but thank you for that, good refresher.

It’s been running smoothly for a while now.

the disc was a buddies. He borrowed my cd drive to install on his pc at his house since he didn’t have one and bought the cd to install on a new build. When he brought it back over the disc was still in so I’ve been using that.

Reaction score
I think I'm going to mark this as closed for now. I appreciate everyone's advice. I believe it was a bad HDD, which is great because that's nice and cheap to fix, but I thank everyone for their help in working with me through this.

Reaction score
Disk like CDs or DVDs can contain scratches, that also corrupt installs.
best to rip and convert to USB. and save the disk, lint or dust or humidity are major issues.

Ask a Question