SOLVED Email Attachment

Reaction score
I received an email attachment. I saved it but could not print it. I never had this problem before, thought my printer was malfunctioning.
Finally I tried to save to Evernote and they said it was browser protected.
Is there anyway I can print it to send in a document package? '
The only reason I can think of is they charge for a copy of this public report and they are preventing printing.

Please advise
Thank you

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

more details about the type of file would help, is it a "Pay site" or something for a business?. Is it a free to access Public site?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie
the file is public fire incident report from the Springfield fire department. I investigate fires for insurance companies and often request the fire incident report from fire departments. This file is the first I could not print. The document is a standard form used by most fire departments reporting the initial facts found at the fire scene.

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

okay, got that thanks. What type of file is it?; PDF, ODT or Windows Office .doc.

Have you saved the file to your computer before you tried to open it?. :)

A link to the site where you downloaded the fie might help to see if others have the same problem opening it. ;)

Reaction score
The file may be locked by the creators to keep it from printing.
The best way possible forward is to ask the sender to allow you to print the document.
Also, tell us what is the file type (file extension) of the document so we can help you more with the process.

Ask a Question