email

Reaction score
I have more than one account, The hotmail is fine, But not others and they have omitted an area to fix or change account settings as with the Hotmail one?
Microsoft said they would ring me today to look at_even had a follow up E mail , But they did not keep the appointment!

Reaction score
kea21! I also have the same issues using the built in email client on Windows 10. For me, I can get Verizon email to come in cleanly on the new Win10 email client however gmail has to be access for opening a browser page and navigating in. FYI, you do know that Hotmail is owned by Microsoft so it better work flawlessly otherwise think of the embarrassment for MS. Besides Hotmail, they also own "live". I can get both gmail and Verizon mail to work by turning off the router firewall however this workaround opens up worse issues for me. Keep us posted as I would be interested in hearing what MS plans on resolving your issues. BTW, the new built in email client is average...no ability to create folders, no cut and paste using snippet (nice utility but what's the point of having MS snippet if you cannot get it to work with mail?...duh?)

Reaction score
At some risk of sounding smug I use Thunderbird for my email. It survived the transition from 7 to 10 completely intact AND I can install it ( and have done) on another machine without fiddling about.
I tried using Outlook when I moved to W10 but Outlook won't import Thunderbirds mail files...I tried som utilities found on the web but they were a pain to use so I gave up and just went back to Thunderbird.

Not the most feature filled email client I have ever seen but it works and keeps on working ( Xp through 7 to 10 anyway)

Reaction score
kea21! I also have the same issues using the built in email client on Windows 10. For me, I can get Verizon email to come in cleanly on the new Win10 email client however gmail has to be access for opening a browser page and navigating in. FYI, you do know that Hotmail is owned by Microsoft so it better work flawlessly otherwise think of the embarrassment for MS. Besides Hotmail, they also own "live". I can get both gmail and Verizon mail to work by turning off the router firewall however this workaround opens up worse issues for me. Keep us posted as I would be interested in hearing what MS plans on resolving your issues. BTW, the new built in email client is average...no ability to create folders, no cut and paste using snippet (nice utility but what's the point of having MS snippet if you cannot get it to work with mail?...duh?)
Hi Thanks for the reply and info, I can still use Windows live mail with both accounts? Just not Thierry fancy new mail app! Kind of makes a mockery of things?

Reaction score
Ok, so I am not the only one with this problem!
My Microsoft Live and my ISP's email system both work.
But my email system for my own domain (call it my.name@MyOwnDomain) does not.
The problem appears to be that I use another company to do address re-direction from my own domain (call it (e-mail address removed)) to my ISP's system, (my.name@myISPserver).
So the request to read my own domain emails goes to my ISP who should then pass it on to (e-mail address removed)
who then pass the emails back to my ISP where I can pick them up.
So two servers are involved, not one, as with the Live and ISP mail accounts.
My ISP says it is a 'known issue with Microsoft'
ajingram

Reaction score
Has anyone had success in creating POP email accounts in Win10? I'm unable to do so.

Reaction score
Marco, POP accounts work correctly...at least for me however I don't know about others. If you are having issues setting up POP/POP3 accounts you might try disabling your hardware/software firewall then test. Many firewalls do not allow certain tcp/ip ports to be open ...at least this is what I have found

Reaction score
I tried it on an Insider machine. Yes it can be done but you have to go into the settings for each of the mail accounts you have and set up the server addresses,security and ports manually. FWIW Outlook is just as bad...will set up Imap unlike you force it to POP.

Reaction score
Marco, POP accounts work correctly...at least for me however I don't know about others. If you are having issues setting up POP/POP3 accounts you might try disabling your hardware/software firewall then test. Many firewalls do not allow certain tcp/ip ports to be open ...at least this is what I have found
Thanks, I disabled the firewall, no help. I had the same problem with the insider version. When I go +Account and enter the email address and password, I get "We couldn't find info for the account. Make sure the email address is correct and try again." After trying several times, the Advanced button appeared with "to add account manually select Advanced". Did that, got "out of sync" and "still working on it." Now I'm unable to get back to the original +Account screen to try a different email address.

Reaction score
You are not alone Marco. My problems are with POP accounts. Disabling the firewall no help.
Got one working by creating a new account with the identical settings and then killing the old one. But did not work for my main one.

Reaction score
You are not alone Marco. My problems are with POP accounts. Disabling the firewall no help.
Got one working by creating a new account with the identical settings and then killing the old one. But did not work for my main one.
I did the same, created a new account, deleted the old one, but it also hangs with 'not synced yet'. Much to my surprise, an email sent from the first account actually went out.

It went out because i received it on another machine with OE6. It doesn't show as sent, and it hasn't been received in Win 10. I've also tried IMAP in lieu of POP, and setup a 3rd account. That also sends an email message, seems to work better than POP, but I haven't found a way to set the port, that may be my problem

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone knows how to set the ports for IMAP email accounts I'd surely like to know how that's done.

Reaction score
E mail ( new account ) added my BT address (correctly ) and widows is adding ; or P to the line thus invalidating the E mail ,deleted address and retried same problem , Windows 10 E mail will not sync (working on it) any ideas ?

Thanks

Reaction score
E mail ( new account ) added my BT address (correctly ) and widows is adding ; or P to the line thus invalidating the E mail ,deleted address and retried same problem , Windows 10 E mail will not sync (working on it) any ideas ?

Thanks
Win 10 Mail is too buggy; after messing with it for days I gave up and went to Thunderbird.

Ask a Question