SOLVED Windows 10 email

Reaction score
How can I set up an email for my version of windows 10? Have checked the widows 10 key to select Mail, but it is not there, I can only use W10 email when I reply to a request in Adobe !

Reaction score
A mail program is built into Windows 10. Try typing Mail into the search box. AMybe you are not set up correctly.

There are plenty of other mail programs good, bad and indifferent in the Windows store.
And Outlook which comes with Office
And a few other 3rd party systems.

Reaction score
The Mail program is also situated in the start menu.
But, if to your taste, Outlook can be used online, without the user subscribing to the official Microsoft Office package.
https://outlook.live.com/owa/
It is a requirement, naturally, to have a Microsoft account.

Reaction score
Mine actually works with my earlier Hotmail.com [obtained in late half of '90s] plus a later Outlook.com E-Mail address. Of course both accounts go to the same.

Reaction score
A mail program is built into Windows 10. Try typing Mail into the search box. AMybe you are not set up correctly.

There are plenty of other mail programs good, bad and indifferent in the Windows store.

YES THAT WORKS, Previously I have put too much ino the search to cause confusion!
Many thanks

Reaction score
As I previously said.I may have modified mine at sometime in the past, but I think you will find it is already in the start menu

Reaction score

Dave, what have you heard w/r to eM Client (third party email client.) ? I am running Win 10 on a brand new pc and the 'new' versions of Outlook are junk to me. No option as to whether the messages remain on the server, no place to select or use Import or Export of anything. Lousy interface for me personally compared to Win Live Mail I have been using for 8 years with zero problems.

Reaction score
eMClient is excellent. But the free version limits to only two accounts - probably not a major consideration for most. I imports all of your data..etc from your existing account, including contacts lists.
A very similar, also free, client is Hiri. Absolutely faultless.
I am not clear on your reference to missing items in Outlook. When you say "new" which edition do you mean?. I am currently runing that which comes with office 2016 I can import/export. As far as the comment on the server is concerned, I think that would best be addressed to them, not to MS outlook?

Reaction score
I am really glad to hear you praise eM Client as that is where I am headed. I meant "new outlook" to be that which you can download currently for free (and came with my new PC Win 10 preloaded) called Outlook.Live or that which you pay for only by buying Office. Both have identical interfaces and no visible or findable way to Import or Export anything. Terrible compared to very old REAL Outlook with many options, features and configurations offered in the header. Also lousy compared to Win Live Mail or Win Mail that came with Win 7 over the last few years. About the server: I called my ISP who discussed the issue at length and said to call Microsoft (trying to figure out why new Oulook leaves all messages on the server instead of downloading them into the pc.) Given those kinds of issues plus the missing features in new Outlook (everywhere I look...) I will be going with a third party email client.
Thanks for the time and reply.

Reaction score
Fwiw. "outlook Live" is an online Email client. The download is only a link to the site.
Outlook, which is normally included in the office package (I am not familiar with the latest?), is a desktop client which "fetches" email from your server. It has, until 2016 at least, had all the functions one could wish for.
Not sure what Win Mail had to offer - too long ago for this old brain.

Reaction score
So Outlook 2016 (which I have no way to observe, just your description) was apparently the old school full-featured flavor Outlook. You will be shocked then to see what the new outlook under Win 10 is like ! I have played with the pay-for-it version at my neighbors and used the free version myself for a few days. They are identical in interface and so bare bones as to be useless (in my view) in terms of formatting, setup, Import/Export missing, etc. If you are interested just download the free version of the online Outlook current client. Comparing to your described Outlook 2016 I think you will be shocked.

Reaction score
No argument from me!
Of course, as I said, the “free” download is only a link to the online (internet) Microsoft email. It is barebones, but That could be intentional, as MS are expecting most usets to be downloading mail to their chosen desktop clients (including their own “mail” of course)

Ask a Question