Using email through windows 10 regarding folders

Reaction score
Hi, I have just changed to receiving my emails via windows 10 mail. It took me a while to figure out how to add folders as I did not have the + sign next to the word Folders. I discovered I had to shut my mail down and wait and then restart it. I did this and yes the + sign appeared. I then proceeded to add all the folders necessary for me to distribute my emails to the various folders. However if I wish to add a further folder....I have to go through the whole process again and shut it down...wait and re-open. This is not too much of a problem. However, the big problem is that I cannot access my folders. Yes I can find them listed below the the Folders word....in alphabetical order. However, how do I manage to put my emails from the Inbox to the location where all my folders are? I am struggling with this as I am well into my 70's now although I feel 38 years old until I come across a technical problem with my laptop!!! Please help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
However, how do I manage to put my emails from the Inbox to the location where all my folders are?
Are you not able to simply drag and drop a particular email over to the left navigation pane, hovering over the word "More" to cause the added folders to expand and then drop the email into the appropriate folder as desired?

As far as adding additional folders. My ability to hit the plus sign icon (at the top next to the words "All Folders" to add a new folder is always available whenever I choose "Folders".
Then when I create the parent folder (something like "SAVE") I then create additional folders ( like "Bank", "Credit Cards", "Jokes" etc.) and then drag that folder into the "SAVE" folder to nest it in the hierarchy for order and structure.

Ask a Question