Windows Life Mail using IMAP won't receive email after I changed password.

Reaction score
My windows life mail wasn't sending emails today - so I contacted TDS and they said the acct was block for suspicious activity - they unblocked it but made me change my password. After I did that I could send email but I couldn't receive email on my windows live mail acct. I can access email using my TDS account and on my phone. I am using IMAP and the settings are SMTP 25 and IMAP 993 . I'm not sure why or how this acct is using IMAP with the other 2 we have use POP3 but I can't find a way to change that setting....but not even sure that's the answer. The tech at TDS tried for over an hour to help but ran out of ideas.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you look at your current IMAP settings what is the authentication for sent mail?

Some servers use TLS rather than the SSL for the sent mail and most use SSL for incoming mail.

If by TDS you are meaning TDSTelecom their sent mail port is 587 for the SMTP server setting, not 25 and the incoming IMAP server is 995 rather than 993

In Windows Live Mail you click the Accounts button then select the account you want to change settings for, and while setting it up you can select pop3 if you'd rather use that.

Ask a Question