EMET and Windows 10

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are there many EMET users here? I've just installed it for added protection and so far it seems to be fully compatible with Windows 10. There does seem to be a small performance hit, but it's tolerable.

The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is designed to help customers with their defense in depth strategies against cyberattacks, by helping detect and block exploitation techniques that are commonly used to exploit memory corruption vulnerabilities. EMET anticipates the most common actions and techniques adversaries might use in compromising a computer, and helps protect by diverting, terminating, blocking, and invalidating those actions and techniques. EMET helps protect your computer systems even before new and undiscovered threats are formally addressed by security updates and antimalware software. EMET benefits enterprises and all computer users by helping to protect against security threats and breaches that can disrupt businesses and daily lives.

If you're interested in installing it, it's a free download from: http://www.microsoft.com/emet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, after a bit more use it seems that it causes problems with IE11 on my PC - it's extremely slow to open new tabs and load the initial instance of IE. I've uninstalled it and the problem is gone.

Shame!

Ask a Question