Enable and disable the local area connection ???

Reaction score
Halo
We have always connected like this:

We drag the Local area connection and place it in the riht upper corner of the display
We connect via Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

We then right click on the icon when we want to connect to the Internet - we ENABLE
When we want to disconect - We rightclick on the Icon and DISABLE

It has worked in all our windows up to Win 7 included.

But now in Win 10 that we have upgaded to (free) it does not work.
If we want to disable we only see the alternative ENABLE. And vice versa.

Very irritating. I really hope someone can help us to solve this.

WE ALSO INTEND TO INSTALL WIN 19 ON OUR SECOND COMPUTER. I THINK I SKALL THIS TIME MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL.
IS IT OK TO START WITH THAT AS SOON AS I GET THE WHITE FLAG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DISPLAY.
I HAVE PICKED UP AN ISO FILE AND LOADED IT DIRECT TO AN USB-MEMORY.

iT LOOK LIKE THE UPLOAD

Attachments

• Skärmklipp  WIN 10.PNG
    Skärmklipp WIN 10.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,554
Reaction score
Hi Staffan
I cannot find out how to enable or disable my connection in windows 10. Does anybody have the solution?

Reaction score
Halo
We have always connected like this:

We drag the Local area connection and place it in the riht upper corner of the display
We connect via Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

We then right click on the icon when we want to connect to the Internet - we ENABLE
When we want to disconect - We rightclick on the Icon and DISABLE

It has worked in all our windows up to Win 7 included.

But now in Win 10 that we have upgaded to (free) it does not work.
If we want to disable we only see the alternative ENABLE. And vice versa.

Very irritating. I really hope someone can help us to solve this.

WE ALSO INTEND TO INSTALL WIN 19 ON OUR SECOND COMPUTER. I THINK I SKALL THIS TIME MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL.
IS IT OK TO START WITH THAT AS SOON AS I GET THE WHITE FLAG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DISPLAY.
I HAVE PICKED UP AN ISO FILE AND LOADED IT DIRECT TO AN USB-MEMORY.

iT LOOK LIKE THE UPLOAD

I have just found a way to disable/enable the network connection.
open Control Panel - I found this by right clicking on the windows button at bottom left of screen. Then select 'Network & Sharing Centre'. Then select 'Change Adapter Settings' Click on the network icon shown in the display and enable or disable by choosing the option displayed in the toolbar or by right clicking on the network icon and choosing enable or disable in the drop-down box.

Reaction score
Yes
That is the way we handle it. But we also drag out the network icon to the right side of the screen. The icon stays there even when we restart the PC.
There we have ben able to enable and disable the network.
But not now in win 10 on my wifes Dell Optiplex it dos not function to use the "free" icon.
It function to use the icon on the sheet on 'Change Adapter Settings' - like you say.
I have spoken to Nicrosoft / Sweden and the did not understand what was wrong. We then found out that the "free" icon also function if the sheeet 'Change Adapter Settings' is open.
When I found that out the confusion was even higher / bigger with the MS.
Microsoft hoped that the mysterium could be solved and corrected in the coming weeks.
Regards
Staffan W

Ask a Question