SOLVED Enter Network Credentials

Reaction score
After I updated to win10 ver 1909 I have to enter my network credentials numerous times. My laptop had no problems before these updates. I searched the web and found that if I update to ver 2004 I still have the same problems. When I log on to my laptop to the domain, a box pops up and says enter your network credentials. So I enter my network credentials and my profile pops up. But when I click on a network program, again I have to enter my network credentials. Is anybody else having these issue. Not sure what is going on that I have to enter my network credentials some many times. Not sure if its the issue with my laptop or the server. But like I said I didn't have this problem before the updates. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

did you try rolling back the updates after the problem arose?. Have you tried restore points at all?. See advanced options below. :)

Reaction score
MS and the (IMO) stupid reset all net work back to NO , and I have to reset all to share, change password, again, reset Discovery to yes, turn on file sharing and printer sharing, then reinstall (Printer, Fax, Scan). turn on Media Sharing, and check password, since Im a Private Network there is NO PASS. and If I have to have a PASS all User Names and pass are the SAME. Annoying as hell.

Reaction score
Hi,

did you try rolling back the updates after the problem arose?. Have you tried restore points at all?. See advanced options below. :)

I havn't tries that yet but was looking around for answers. Anyway I was searching my settings and in developer settings my "Device Discovery" is greyed out. I can't turn it on. It says you need ver 1803 or higher which i have 2004. So not sure about that as I was going to turn that on to see if that fixed my problem. Do you know why I can't turn it on??

Reaction score
what edition are you on, Home or Pro? either way, try a reset on network.
or SFC /scannow to see if some reason your network is corrupted.

Reaction score
what edition are you on, Home or Pro? either way, try a reset on network.
or SFC /scannow to see if some reason your network is corrupted.
I am on the pro ver but I did reset the computer account on the server but that didn't work. I was thinking of deleting the comuter account and adding it again. I am trying the scan now but I don't see that the network is corrupt but will check just to make sure.

Reaction score
I am on the pro ver but I did reset the computer account on the server but that didn't work. I was thinking of deleting the comuter account and adding it again. I am trying the scan now but I don't see that the network is corrupt but will check just to make sure.
I did the scan and all checks out.

Reaction score
As I said before, try rolling back the updates or choosing a restore point which may solve the problem for you. The more you play around with the network settings, might make your system problematic?. :)

Reaction score
some times remove and add back works. but I find usually it is a corruption some where, and no idea why network reset did not work.
many times a 3d party program rewrites some MS and that causes issues... lastly try a repair install of Windows. also MS often F**s up a working and does for a reason... but then I and my clients (i always keep a Last working Image) just restore back to the last working image.
Have you did a RESET or REFRESH of OS - when things are not working correctly.
1595356993836.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so after several days of trying numerous things like roll back, recovery and restore. I finally fixed my network problem. SO if anybody else is having this issue this is what I did. I started CMD run it as administrator "net stop workstation /y " after its stops " net start workstation" This reset the workstation and the network.

Ask a Question