Graphics issue with Action Center and Control Panel Search Bar

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need some expert guidance. My computer is acting weird. So I have two monitors hooked up to my ASUS GTX 2080 graphics card. I didn't have this issue before, but now it's bothering me. So now I am seeing some notifications such as the virus scanner, and sometimes windows app installations the notifications that come up on the bottom right of the screen are off-screen and big. As if it's trying to appear in both the second monitor and first. How Do I stop that, and how do I kind of rearrange it so it's not off-screen. The second issue is there is a graphical issue when I'm in the control panel and I press the search bar. It becomes big, I am posting a screenshot.

Also finally whenever I am typing nothing happens and then all of a sudden text appears quickly. Like the computer freezes for half a second and continues on. Like a frame lag almost, but it gets annoying.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS build 18363.752

Thanks!

Attachments

• Issue.png
    Issue.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 190

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I don't think it's your GPU.....but rather a malware issue or even some kind of system file corruption. I'd run wise disk cleaner for junk file removal and clearing all browsers you use. Then run Malwarybytes with Superantispyware.

Reaction score
I don't think it's your GPU.....but rather a malware issue or even some kind of system file corruption. I'd run wise disk cleaner for junk file removal and clearing all browsers you use. Then run Malwarybytes with Superantispyware.

Hi Bass, This is a newly built computer, so I haven't installed much in programs or visited many websites. Would that make a difference? Also is wise disk cleaner a free app or does it have a paid component?

Thanks for the help.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Those are all free. I'm pretty sure it's some browser corruption of some kind. Whether it be an extension or an unwanted intrusion. it would still be worth it running said software.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Question: Since you say this is a new build.....did you bring over the OS (installed on a HDD/SSD) and just stuck it in the new build? Or did you do a clean install?

For most of us IT guys.....with any new build or a mobo and or cpu change.....we prefer a clean install.

Reaction score
Question: Since you say this is a new build.....did you bring over the OS (installed on a HDD/SSD) and just stuck it in the new build? Or did you do a clean install?

For most of us IT guys.....with any new build or a mobo and or cpu change.....we prefer a clean install.

Clean install, completely new install. This ain’t a browser though. It’s the windows operating system. Is there maybe something with the windows installation that is corrupt? Like a program that can fix it automatically or something?

thanks!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Where did you get your install media from? I would just grab MS's Media Creation Tool, get the ISO on a USB and preform a new clean install.

Ask a Question