Assorted Graphics Issues

Reaction score
Hello, I've just created this throwaway to see if anyone has a fix for my problem:
  • All of my browsers (Chrome, IE) show a blank screen when opened, except for SafeZone (which works, then lags like crazy) and Edge (which opens as a background task, which I then close with taskmgr)
  • Some programs such as HiAlgo Boost (not malware, I promise) , Steam and Intel Driver Updater just open, then freeze and show the "not responding" dialogs (I also close these with taskmgr)
  • Avast Antivirus refuses to scan my computer, reaching about 14% (Scanning for malicious files) then freezes (The program still responds, but the actual loading screen sticks at 14%)
  • Games such as Skyrim (32 bit) work fine when running the core files (TESV.exe) but when running the launcher, the background only shows, none of the options. I have to close this with taskmgr due to it not responding. (Launching the launcher with Windows 8 compatibility settings seems to work)
  • The Windows 10 apps (such as Store, Camera, Edge, Photos, pretty much any Windows Store app) open in the background, but don't display at all. I've actually had to use Imagine for my photo viewing now (Works like a charm)
  • Krita graphics creator doesn't display any of my brush strokes
  • When changing a file's default program, the default programs editor stays in the background
  • Pretty much every other program works (e.g. Photoshop)
Things I have tried:
  • Turning it off and on again
  • sfc /scannow (produces no problems)
  • Reinstalling my HID drivers with device manager
  • Reinstalling the latest graphics update with the install files
  • Going back to a restore point before the last windows update
  • Defragmenting and Optimising
  • Checking for and fixing any registry issues with CCleaner
  • Hitting it with a hammer (Jk)
I have a 64 bit laptop with Intel integrated graphics, and have upgraded to Windows 10 a long time ago. Is this a hardware acceleration problem? I'd really appreciate any advice that doesn't involve Refreshing my PC.
I am currently typing this on my other OS (Ubuntu)

Reaction score
Hi Anonguy,

have you tried using Device Manager, right clicking your graphics card and removing it, then restart and it should auto install it again?.

device manager.JPG

Reaction score
Hi Anonguy,

have you tried using Device Manager, right clicking your graphics card and removing it, then restart and it should auto install it again?.

View attachment 5588
This is a good idea, I was delaying uninstalling the graphics driver because I wasn't sure whether it would auto install again. I'll try this and let you know what happens.

Ask a Question