Need to find a new graphics card for my Desktop

Reaction score
I've been using the built-in graphics card which came with my motherboard for several years now. This being the NVIDIA GeForce /nForce 610i which NVIDIA has chosen not make updates for .
I'm not a big game player and am growing tired of the "light blue screen of death"rebooting the the start-up every time <G>!
Any suggestions for a Reasonably priced brand, model and source would be greatly appreciated...

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you diagnosed the BSOD? You need to list your complete system specs so we can ascertain your hardware needs better.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.
Your options are going to be restricted by the available slots on your motherboard (PCIe or AGP) and your budget. How much do you want to spend.

You couldn't have picked a worse time to shop for a video card as the prices for even medium performance cards have been driven up by the demand for high performance cards, although there are still a few options that are affordable you just have to shop around. Check Amazon and NewEgg. You just need to know what your mainboard will accept physically first.

Reaction score
Yea it's that bit mining crap that's driving the prices up. On video cards as well as power supplies.

Reaction score
Hi mchein,

I would stick with an Nvidia card as they are better supported (easier to install on a new install). If you are not a gamer, a 1GB Nvidia card would do you but as pointed out above, make sure you have the place on your motherboard for it.

Most common for newer MoBo's would be PCI-E, AGP for older boards and even PCI which are basically non-existent now!. I have an Nvidia GT430 which I have had on one rig for years, it runs well and needs no looking after!. :)

What is important to remember is when adding the new GPU that you make sure that you address the video output in BIOS!. By that I mean that you make sure that it is set to use either: Internal GPU (On-board graphics), PCI-E or PCI in the BIOS graphics settings which you will need to check!. ;)

Ask a Question