Windows 10 Enterprise and Temp profile

Reaction score
Hello
our windows 10 machines have started booting into temp profile when the computer is rebooted due to patch deployment or user initiated reboot.
This behavior started about 2 moths ago. we have had windows 10 for more than a year and never had this issue.
the temp profile usually fix itself by rebooting the system once or twice , but my question is why this is happening all of a sudden.
our help desk staff have been bombarded with tickets.
I appreciate any help that could lead into fixing this issue.
thanks

Reaction score
Enterprise has features that are not current in Pro.
I use Enterprise and have never had a Temp profile issue. so more info so i can try to duplicate.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Without more information it is difficult to conclude the issue that needs addressing.

My guess is your rolled out patch has corrupted a Registry entry that Windows would normally pull data from as it boots the OS, or the patch itself forced a shutdown of the user's computer too quickly, thus triggering Windows automatic defense - i.e. locking the User Profile and creating a temporary one in an attempt to protect the User Profile from serious corruption.

I've posted here before on ways to mitigate the Temporary Profile issue.

I'm assuming the OT author is running a business and if not them, their IT staff they mentioned are more than capable of searching our Forum for my posts on how to resolve this issue, rather than me reposting identical information.

Ask a Question