I have just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Evaluation

Reaction score
And now I have a watermark on the most right bottom side of the screen that says: "Windows License valid for 90 days".
What that means? Why did I get this watermark? Will Windows become invalid, locked and unusable in 90 days? If yes then why? I got it for free. What should I do to remove this watermark and make sure that I have this Windows forever?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It means just that....it's temporary, trial period....and the water mark is a security feature so it can't be copied and used illegally. That's what Evaluation Copy means....to test it to see if you like it. If you do then you have to buy it.

Reaction score
I didn't notice or think about the "Evaluation" word. Thank for your quick answer. I think that after 90 days, I will go back to Windows 10 Professional I had before, although I deleted all it's files in the disk cleanup, because it took 40 GB on my C drive!

Reaction score
Three more questions:

Where do I see how much days left until windows expires? And if windows has been expired, can I still use it? If yes then what are the limitations then?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
1. you will receive email notifications when it close to expiring.
2. No.
3. Doesn't apply because of answer for number 2.

Ask a Question