Windows Update Stopped By Apps That Aren't Even Installed.

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for a long while now where my PC thinks these apps are still installed, but they aren't.

For example. Glyph Client.
DROBEwu.png

Glyph Client is essentially just a client that you can download free-to-play games from, It is legal and legit.

Windows 10 said I had to uninstall it, so I did, several times in fact after it told me it still needs to be uninstalled.

I tried talking to a admin for Glyph about this but they didn't know what to do. Hence why I'm now here. I've tried removing it's app data, uninstalling it via Control Panel.

Nothing works. I honestly don't understand what it is with Windows 10 updates conflicting with programs that don't even alter or change anything in the OS. It's like it just wants to pick fights.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Supertiberian,

Are you using any Steam games at all?

If you are Steam bundles Glyph for support to its own downloads, and that may be why Windows is still seeing it as installed despite you uninstalling it.

TRON games use Glyph for example, in which case assuming Windows is installed on Drive C along with Steam you'll find an uninstall file for the bundled Glyph at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIFT

Reaction score
Hi Supertiberian,

Are you using any Steam games at all?

If you are Steam bundles Glyph for support to its own downloads, and that may be why Windows is still seeing it as installed despite you uninstalling it.

TRON games use Glyph for example, in which case assuming Windows is installed on Drive C along with Steam you'll find an uninstall file for the bundled Glyph at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIFT
Very strange. It's now telling me my device is up to date. I don't quite understand how but I guess it fixed itself.

Big thanks anyway for trying to help. I'll try to remember this site if I have another problem in the future.

Ask a Question