Enter network credentials?

Reaction score
Have a home network setup and listed under network are the computers I want to share files/print between them.
When I try to open one on the network I get enter name and password. So how do I correct the computers so I can gain access?
BTW, all running win10

Another issue, on another computer there are ones listed under network which I no longer have and would like to remove reference to them?
How is this done?

thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

a good run down of setting up a home network here, I don't do it myself so cannot really help you further:

and:

https://www.howtogeek.com/67015/how-to-plan-organize-and-map-out-your-home-network/ :)

Several links linked here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/f4c89acd-1d1d-4044-9efb-fe4475cdbe9d :)

I hope it helps. ;)

Reaction score
Try this:
Settings - Network and internet - scroll down to "network and sharing centre"
Over on the left select "Change advanced sharing settings"
First, start with private and make sure you have the sharing options enabled.
Ditto Guest
Now, in "All Networks" - "Turn off password protected sharing"

This works for me in a simple home network, but may depend on exactly how each computer is logged on.

Reaction score
Still working through the above tips. What I found out when I select the wife's computer and enter her name and password I'm in to view all folders and files. Only need to have access to downloads and documents. I will try to achieve the same without the need to login.

still trying to figure out how to remove/delete network location to a computer that is no longer on network.

thanks again and stay safe

Ask a Question