Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

Reaction score
When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner.

When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a few seconds then the wallpaper screen comes back. I've tried this many times with the same results.

I have tried turning the PC off three times while it's booting up and this did not fix the problem.

I've also tried to get into safe mode while booting up and have not been able to by pressing the shift an F8 key.

Would appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Please be advised that the three shutdown technique must be done early in the boot process, when the Windows logo first appears. If you wait until the wallpaper screen appears, it may do nothing.

Ben

Reaction score
When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner.

When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a few seconds then the wallpaper screen comes back. I've tried this many times with the same results.

I have tried turning the PC off three times while it's booting up and this did not fix the problem.

I've also tried to get into safe mode while booting up and have not been able to by pressing the shift an F8 key. I have also pressed the ALT and F10 key at the same time to reset windows. Although I was able to do this it still did not correct the problem. Still missing the window to enter the password.

Would appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Please be advised that the three shutdown technique must be done early in the boot process, when the Windows logo first appears. If you wait until the wallpaper screen appears, it may do nothing.

Ben
I've already tried all three and it did not work, still no area to enter password. I also press the alt and F10 key at the same time which should have reset windows but I'm still missing the area where you enter the password.

Reaction score
The idea behind the three forced shutdowns is to get into the recovery environment, where you can do things like starting in safe mode and falling back to a previous version of Windows 10, but it must be done early in boot process, when the Windows logo first appears. Be sure to press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down the first two times, then let it boot up the third time.

Ben

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hold down the shift key while starting the computer. According to your model, you should then get some start option

Ask a Question