Error 0x80070035 when opening folders.

Reaction score
Whenever I try to access a folder or save a file, I get the message "Windows cannot access \\PC\Documents. I am not doing this on a network, just on my Windows 10 PC. When I click cancel the error message goes away and the folder opens. Actual error message attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• windows error.jpg
    windows error.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 528

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why are you accessing local folders or files using the UNC path instead of using file explorer to browse to and open the containers?

Reaction score
I don't know what a UNC is and whenever I try to save a file, this comes up. It's just what Windows 10 is using to save files.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
UNC (Universal Naming Convention) \\server\share
Have you shared or for some reason mapped these local containers as network drives?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Which is logical, however.....
If they are local resources, then you don't want to map them locally.
You map a network drive in order to facilitate access across a network not for local resource where you have a console login, it's unnecessary and redundant.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you open up File Explorer and you have mapped network drives (that are mapped to local folders on the local computer) you can simply just right click them and choose disconnect.

Reaction score
no mapped drives just shared folders. Tried to "stop sharing" folders but would not work. Still shared.

Ask a Question