Error code 0x803C010B

Reaction score
Unable to print on Brother printer. Shows printer in error state. Have tried everything .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I do not have any experience with Brother printers, but.....
Perhaps if you could provide some specifics as to which exact model name and model number you have, as well as how it's connected to your computer and what version of Windows 10 (Home / Pro / 32bit / 64 bit).....
There may be someone out there who has a similar configuration who may be able to offer a suggestion or two.

Reaction score
My printer is Brother MFC-J270W. Connected to Ethernet. Have checked the printer and it states it is working properly. Seems as the Toshiba computer is not communicating with the printer. Printer was working in Dec. 2015 and Windows 10 had been installed August 2015. The error code appears when I try to troubleshoot the printer. Have tried a number of things read in Microsoft forums but nothing seems to do the trick.

Reaction score
Hi

I too am now experiencing the same issue with message saying either the printer (any printer) is either offline or in an error state. The troubleshooter reporting the error code : 0x803c010c. I've 2 printers a Brother DCP9045CDN, and an HP950C working with a D-Link DP300+ printer server. Other PCs on the network are printing OK.

This is on an new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows10 the printers were all working fine until a couple of days ago. re-installing the printer drivers has had no effect nor has disabling SNMP. The only thing that has changed is some updates- I've tried uninstalling the most recent updates but one update doesn't have an uninstall facility (KB3139907).

This is causing me untold grieve, and wasting hours of my time. Unless I can get a resolution soon, I will have to revert to installing Windows 7.

a Google search shows that this issue has been around for quite some time, it is a fix that is long overdue.

Reaction score
Just had this happen today with my Canon printer. Seems the latest Win 10 update has deleted printer/scanner drivers. I reinstalled them and all is well again. Recent update has messed up a lot of computers. I've had numerous calls this past week and lots of work.

Reaction score
What trouble shooter are you trying to use.
The computer one or printer one
Can you see your printer in Settings
Devices
Then Printer and Scanner

Also found this for you hope it helps
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/aed7c762-ee91-4413-a311-e7e0bff1dfe8?auth=1
Read all through to end as there is 2 solutions
I tried the fix on the link Windows 10 Acer laptop. Control Panel>Hardware printer> advanced printer setup> installed> printing test page and that's when the printer stops! Screen shows "not printing" and nothing complete zero printing. HP rewards (for adding black ink) is canceled. Printing begins again. I send a short document to printer, and it Prints! Three hours later the printer is working. Main problem was sharing the printer on Wifi.

Ask a Question