SOLVED Error code C1900101-4000D

Reaction score
I'm currently running Windows 7. I've tried updating to Windows 10 twice. Each time when I get to "Configuring Settings" it fails with a PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED-AREA with an error code of C1900101- 4000D.

Reaction score
Your specific error is approximately two thirds down on this page
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683
Lot of good recommendations. I can't help but noticed in reading a lot of those, one of the first things that is recommended is uninstalling any third party security suite / antivirus software.
I'm only running Windows Defender. Should I turn that off? The first thing it says is to follow the same steps for error code 000021a. That has you reformat the drive and change the drive from NTFS to GPT. Won't that delete everything on my computer? Don't want that to happen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That has you reformat the drive and change the drive from NTFS to GPT
Won't that delete everything on my computer?
Yes.... so don't do that.
As far as turning off defender..... it wouldn't hurt although I would expect that to actually be an issue.
Try some of the other recommendation specific to that error.
Clean boot
Disconnecting peripherals.
Use an ISO create installation media (DVD or USB ThumbDrive) and disconnect from the internet and run setup.exe to perform the in place upgrade.

Reaction score
Zbolts, I'm going to give you a friendly suggestion--stay with Windows 7. I am a huge fan of Windows 10, but some systems just can't handle it. But if you insist on upgrading:

Can you give the model number and specs on your rig?

Ask a Question