SOLVED Error code when trying to complete updates

Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 Preview Evaluation Copy. Build 9926 on a Acer V5 AMD Dual Core Processor. I am trying to complete Windows update and I am getting this error message code: 0x800f0100 and it has not be able to install the Microsoft - other hardware- Microsoft Wireless Router Module and the Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio. I currently don't have any sound on my PC. Right now I am using Avast as my security software, I have disabled it to complete all updates and enabled the Windows Firewall, and at times I have also disabled Windows Firewall, I have been trying to install these updates for a couple of days. Any thoughts on what I can do? Windows 10 works aside from that and honest this version is so much better then Win 8.1 so I don't want to down grade to that version again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure... at this point you may have to take some steps to clear the "Windows Update Cache" you can Google that.
OR
Maybe consider switching your update service to the "Fast" ring and see if the Update Service might bypass pending updates and download and install build 10041, which just became available earlier today.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AMD chipset drivers or AMD graphics driver?

Ask a Question