Error message at boot

Reaction score
I get this message every time I boot or reboot my laptop. I do not have System Mechanic installed and have not been able to determine were the request to load it is coming from. Any ideas.

Attachments

• boot error.png
    boot error.png
    540.2 KB · Views: 562

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well.....according to your attached file.....yes you do, as it shows it, plain as day. How it got there; could of happened any number of ways....most commonly being attached to some other software that was downloaded and installed.
error.PNG

Check your programs list and see if it shows up there...if so, uninstall it. Or download Revo Uninstaller and uninstall it that way.

Reaction score
Go to task manager -> startup and you will probably find something there for System mechanic. Delete that entry and reboot.

Reaction score
OK, Thanks for the replies. 1) I should have reported that the System Mechanic ICON shown in my attachment was installed after my problem started, I installed it to uninstall it hoping it would correct the problem. Did not. Tim I followed your suggestion, and there is an entry in the start up list, but there is no delete. You can enable or disable. I would like to get rid of it. Suggestions ?

Ask a Question