Error message re graphics in Windows 10

Reaction score
A message popped up on my laptop, which I have just installed Windows 10 on, It read as follows:

"GRAPHICS"
No AMD Graphics is installed or the AMD is not functioning properly. Install AMD app for your AMD hardware.

I have gone into drivers and right clicked for update and it states that I have the latest updates. Under Display Adapters it says:

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 Series
Both of these have an orange triangle at the bottom with a black exclamation mark !

Is there anything I should do?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry....
I don't have much to contribute and laptop graphic card(s) can be a bit tricky.
Your best bet is to go to the system manufacturer's support website and see what they might have in the way of a driver to support that specific laptop and that specific video card or cards.
They can be a bit proprietary in some instances and using AMD drivers direct from AMD is not always a good solution.
Additionally, older version of CCC (Catalyst Control Center) may not work well with Windows 10, so if you can just install the driver's only that may be a better option.
John has a pretty good explanation of how to do that here http://www.sysnative.com/forums/sho...ideo-cards-DRIVER-ONLY-installation-procedure

Additionally, since your forum system specs show a desktop, you may want to provide some information as to the exact make and model of this laptop you are talking about and perhaps someone with more specific information might be able to contribute more.

Ask a Question