Error on startup

Reaction score
Hi all. I sometimes get the error message (attachment) on startup. I click "OK" and it goes away. Computer works as normal so there is no great drama but I'd like to know what is happening. Cheers, Dan

Attachments

• error message on startup.JPG
    error message on startup.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 90
Reaction score
Have you googled the term ' IPC Port ' already ?? there is a ton of information available with all kinds of causes (mostly software related)...

Reaction score
Have you googled the term ' IPC Port ' already ?? there is a ton of information available with all kinds of causes (mostly software related)...
Thanks for the reply. I did try google, but I'm afraid I am not able to understand the technology or much of the jargon. Thats why I tried here looking for a simple answer. Cheers Dan

Reaction score
Look here:
Are you trying to connect to a server or have you in the past connected to any server?
Has the PC ever had a malware infection? If yes then there may be remnants of this still on the system.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. As far as I know there has never been a malware infection. I am running Malwarebytes and Nortons antivirus hopping they will keep me free of such. I tried the suggested url and it only showed how little I know of the technology and jargon of the system. I was hoping for a much simpler answer. I guess I'll just keep clicking "OK" and let sleeping error messages lie.

Ask a Question