Extremely slow boot - over 1 minute

Reaction score
I have windows 10 installed on a ssd drive and my boot time is around 2 minutes. I've tried everything that I could find online, such as: disable startup programs, enable fast boot etc. . I had some corrupt image files, but I repaired them using DISM and now 'sfc /scannow' is not returning any errors.

I want to mention that I did a clean install of windows 10(I did not upgrade it, I removed what I had before completely).

I had windows 7 which was booting really fast.

My system model is z97x-gaming 3 and I have 16GB RAM.

How can I solve this ?

Let me know if you need more information.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked with the SSD manufacturer to see if there is possibly a firmware update for that drive?

Reaction score
I found the problem. My other hard drive(1TB) has some issues apparently. After I disconnected it, the boot time is around 15 sec.

Reaction score
I found the problem. My other hard drive(1TB) has some issues apparently. After I disconnected it, the boot time is around 15 sec.

I hope this isn't my problem, my new drive is only a few months old. Luckily WD has a great warranty program and will send me another in exchange if that's the case.

Ask a Question