SOLVED "Failed to connect to a Windows service"

Reaction score
Hi,
Windows 10 is just great - when it works!!!!
And it is really bad just now after having worked 100% for approximately a month.
I keep getting this failure "Failed to ...." and that means also that I can't get access to my mails - this is so bad.
Also the internet is failing - with errors as - "Lost the connection....".
Please help - thanks
Windows10 error (2015).JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Roddie. It works, but after some days the same problem occur again. It is not possible to cure the thing perment?
Also I have problems with my internet connection. I have to restart several times per day.

Reaction score
Thanks again. I already tried that and some corrupted files were repaired/moved by the sfc scan, but it continue to with the mentioned problems?

Reaction score
Hi,
Windows 10 is just great - when it works!!!!
And it is really bad just now after having worked 100% for approximately a month.
I keep getting this failure "Failed to ...." and that means also that I can't get access to my mails - this is so bad.
Also the internet is failing - with errors as - "Lost the connection....".
Please help - thanksView attachment 1010
I m having the same problem , I can't even open cmd as administrator. how to fix it .. thanks

Reaction score
Having the same problem !!! tried all those suggestions and still the problem returns in a day.seems windows update causes this problem.

Reaction score
I had this problem today 3rd April 2016. Saw some complex solutions, but I already have RegCure installed which gives a free scan, then I believe did require subscription. It fixed the problems, and lots more inside 20 minutes. Well worth it

Reaction score
I have this problem and i dont open my desktop icons. I do this resolve: reset my computer and this problem is hide

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem after an update, and it's causing me so much grief. Like other people on here. My internet connection has become erratic and google chrome fails to load or is buggy and takes an awfully long time and crashes. Firefox works ok.

I tried the repair fix through cmd but the problem returns after a few days. Is microsoft aware of this and have they released a fix? It's really affecting my business. Desperate for a solution.

Adam

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue for weeks on two Windows 10 computers. I am resetting both computers daily as instructed above. Is there a permanent fix to this problem yet?

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to windows 10 and ok for months then started to get the message " failed to connect to a windows server" unlike other users who have been having problems with this, my computer runs ok and it doesn't appear to affect my mail, I know the solution is in command prompt netsh windsock reset but because I am not having a problem except for cancelling the message I am reluctant to use the above solution in case I then get another problem. If I use the netsh windsock reset will it cause me any other prolems. Tonyl

Reaction score
I am having the same unable to connect to Winsows Server problem. I reset Winsock once and it worked for a week then it came back. The reset did not cause any other problems but did not last. This sounds like a Win 10 issue.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try the disabling Fast Startup trick and see if it works for you.
Right click the Start Button and choose Power Options from the context menu.
In the left column of the resultant window choose the link that says "Choose what the power buttons do"
Near the bottom under Shutdown settings uncheck the box that says "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
You may need to first click the link at the top that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Reboot and see if that helps with your Group Police Client message

The OP in this thread suggests that the problem is with "Group policy client service" the info above seems to have worked for some members of this forum in multiple other threads.
See if it works for you.

Reaction score
Thank you, I disabled the "fast startup" and did not previously reset winsock. This morning I did not get the windows server message. Let's see what happens over time.

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, this bugged me like anything, worked very well, wish Windows fixes this problem in next upgrades

Reaction score
Thank you I was starting to have issues with this after the last update. Disabled fast startup and will see how it goes.

Reaction score
Hello, I know this is a Win 10 forum yet it's the only one I could find which had this issue that is current. It is not only a Win 10 issue, as I have a Win 7 with the same problem. It happened after a Windows update, that I know. It was immediately after several updates were applied upon restart to apply the updates. I do not get this notice every time I start the computer. When I do get it I am able to make it go away with a restart. I have read many Windows forums with administrators directing those with this issue to complete many tasks, some dated back to 2013. It seems to be a Windows update issue. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Ask a Question